I am excited. I’m excited, because whenever a new year begins there comes with it the hope that this year, I’ll see something great. A new book (maybe even a series!) that will knock my socks off a la Divergent, the Hunger Games, or Reboot. A new year holds such promise for the future and it is undeniably excited.
So, what am I most excited for this year? Let’s start a quick list.
- Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (April, 2016)
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs (March, 2016) – Okay, not YA, but I’m SO excited that it had to go on here, too.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (January, 2016)
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine (February, 2016)
- Take the Fall by Emily Hainsworth (February, 2016)
- On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis (March, 2016)
- Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr (March, 2016)
- Shearwater by D.S. Murphy (January, 2016)
- Elementals: The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow (January, 2016)
- Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake (January, 2016)
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer (November, 2016)
- Through the Veil by Colleen Halverson (February, 2016)
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh (June, 2016)
- Asleep by Krystal Wade (February, 2016)
- The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude (May, 2016)
- The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas (April, 2016)
- Burning by Danielle Rollins (April, 2016)
As I hear about more, I’ll update this list (or maybe just make a new one?) and I’ll try to find some links, too.
I’m interested in each of these for varying reasons, but mostly, they just had something in the description that caught my eye and has made me intrigued at the very least, and desperately excited at the most. I hope they don’t let me down!
P.S. – Have you heard of any new and upcoming novels? Any awesome, little known writers? Comment below and I’ll check them out!